I thought i would do a little blog post today so you can all get to know me a bit better, whether you're a friend or acquaintance there is always something to learn about a person. So here are ten unusual things about me that you'd probably only know if you knew me well:
1. I have a phobia of condiments, yeah, that means ketchup, salsa and the scariest of them all... mayonnaise. So truth is if you want to scare me you don't have to go to great lengths, hold a spoon of mayo in front of me and there's a possibility i'll cry, weird right?
2. I have a dog called Ollie, most of you probably know that, but unlike Pip he technically is not the family's dog, he is mine. However if i move out, there's no way he'll be coming with me, i've been told and i know he'd hate to leave his favourite person anyway, my mum.
3. Only recently have i begun to enjoy tea. Doesn't seem like a big deal unless you're british and the disliking of tea makes you a bonafide criminal. I feel like i should have been thrown a tea party.
4. I have a hard time pronouncing the word 'Wild' and 'Water'. Yeah, i have no explanation for this one but 'Wild' sounds more like 'Wald' and 'Water' sounds like 'Wa-er'. Unfortunately as water was my favourite beverage growing up i'd get teased about it frequently.
5. I used to be 'obese' *eye roll*, so i would never call little Amy obese but my BMI would. I was most certainly over weight which meant i got a hard time at secondary school and i'd try to get through my days with my mouth shut and eyes down, which apparently makes you more visible. Needless to say i had enough of being bullied and i lost the weight but of course being bullied leads to a whole other plethora of problems that i still struggle with to this day, so don't be a dick.
6. I have Pompholyx, and so you're thinking 'what on earth is that?' Pompholyx also known as Dyshidrotic eczema is well, exactly that... eczema except it only affects the hands and feet characterised by little itchy blisters. Now you could google it and be pretty horrified by what you see but i personally only get it very mildly on my hands when an irritant comes into contact with my skin, here's a picture of mild Pompholyx for the curious.
7. I have a habit of lying down with my legs in the air, right, imagine the foetus position, you know when you're snug on your side in bed all curled up, now flip yourself onto your back but your legs are still scrunched up, yeah that's me. I don't usually notice i'm doing it until someone points it out and tells me how uncomfortable it looks; it's comfy.
8. Definitely is a word that i can't spell, yes, i even got it wrong then; let's thank spell checker. 'Definitly', can we remove the 'e' please? No matter how many times i know i get it wrong i can't seem to remember to get it right the next time.
9. I'm allergic to Nickel. No, this is not a scam so that people have to buy me expensive jewellery, first of all nobody is buying me jewellery anyway. It is in fact rather annoying, i have to be very careful especially with my piercings. So those cute shark earrings i bought from Claire's, nope.
10. As a youngster i was obsessed with touching soft things, my friend had a beautiful big scruffy dog called Jake and i'd lie down on the floor (lying on floors is still a passion of mine) with him and rub his ears between my thumb and index finger until i fell asleep. I'd also walk around with my mum's bras over my head as i stroked the silky labels, i'm sure there are photos. Now i just rub my wrinkle rat on my face, he has magical velvet skin.
So there you have it, 10 things you may not have known about me. Trust me there are some corkers that i've not written about but i mean i can't share all of my secrets!